Glass Fiber (formerly known as: Glass fiber or fiberglass) is an excellent performance of inorganic non-metallic materials, a wide range, the advantages of good insulation, heat resistance, corrosion resistance, high mechanical strength, but the disadvantage is brittle, poor wear resistance. It is pyrophyllite, quartz sand, limestone, dolomite, boron-calcium stone, boron-magnesium stone seven kinds of ore as raw materials by high-temperature melting, drawing, winding, weaving and other processes caused by the diameter of the monofilament is a few microns to more than 20 microns, the equivalent of a hair silk 1/20-1/5, Each strand of fiber is made up of hundreds of or even thousands of monofilament filaments.
Glass fiber is usually used as reinforcement material in composite materials, electrical insulating materials and insulation materials, electric roadbed board and other areas of the national economy. October 27, 2017, the World Health Organization's International Agency for Cancer Research publishes a preliminary list of carcinogens, with special-purpose fibres such as e-glass and ' 475 ' fiberglass in the list of 2 Class B carcinogens, continuous fiberglass in 3 categories of carcinogens.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Physical properties of carbon fiber
- Carbon fibers-chemical properties
- Preparation method of carbon fiber
- Production process of carbon fiber
- Technical Essentials of carbon fiber
- Development prospect of carbon fiber in foreign...
- The development prospect of carbon fiber in China
- Application field of carbon fiber
- Carbon Fiber Main Products
- Main characteristics of glass fiber