The carbon fiber can be prepared by carbonization respectively with polyacrylonitrile fiber, asphalt fiber, viscose wire or phenolic fiber. The most widely used carbon fiber is polyacrylonitrile carbon fiber and asphalt carbon fiber. The manufacture of carbon fiber consists of 4 processes, such as fiber spinning, thermal stabilization (oxidation), carbonization and Graphitization.
The accompanying chemical changes include dehydrogenation, epoxidation, oxidation, and deoxidation. The high mechanical properties of carbon fiber from viscose fiber must be stretched by high temperature and graphitization, low carbonization yield, technical difficulty, complex equipment, products are mainly for corrosion-resistant materials and thermal insulation used in the production of carbon fiber from the asphalt, rich sources of raw materials, high carbonization yield, but because of the complex raw material modulation, low performance, has not been a large-scale development The high performance carbon fiber from polyacrylonitrile fiber precursor can be produced, its production process is better than other methods, and the carbon fiber industry has developed well since the 1960s.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Physical properties of carbon fiber
- Carbon fibers-chemical properties
- Preparation method of carbon fiber
- Technical Essentials of carbon fiber
- Development prospect of carbon fiber in foreign...
- The development prospect of carbon fiber in China
- Application field of carbon fiber
- Carbon Fiber Main Products
- What is glass fiber
- Main characteristics of glass fiber