The chemical properties of carbon fibers are known to be chemically inert to the general alkalinity, except that they can be oxidized by strong oxidants. When the temperature in the air is higher than 400 ℃, there is a significant oxidation, producing co and CO2. Carbon fiber to the general organic solvents, acids, alkalis have good corrosion resistance, insoluble swelling, corrosion resistance outstanding, there is no rust problem.
A scholar soaked pan-based carbon fiber in the alkali sodium hydroxide solution in 1981, which remained fibrous in the past more than 30 years. But its impact resistance is poor, easy to damage, oxidation under the action of strong acid, carbon fiber electromotive force is positive, and the electric potential of aluminum alloy is negative. Metal carbonization, carburizing and electrochemical corrosion occur when carbon fiber composite is used in combination with aluminum alloy. Therefore, the carbon fiber should be treated before using the surface. Carbon fiber also has oil resistance, radiation resistance, anti-radiation, absorption of toxic gas and deceleration of neutrons and other characteristics.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Physical properties of carbon fiber
- Preparation method of carbon fiber
- Production process of carbon fiber
- Technical Essentials of carbon fiber
- Development prospect of carbon fiber in foreign...
- The development prospect of carbon fiber in China
- Application field of carbon fiber
- Carbon Fiber Main Products
- What is glass fiber
- Main characteristics of glass fiber